Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

hi i am a tennant . i have been served notice that they would

hi i am a tennant . i have been served notice that they would like me out on december 9th. they have given me in excess of 2 mnths notice. th problems i have are that i work from home and am unable to find a suitable property within 40 miles of my children's school. i have asked them if they could extend this period by an extra month. but they have refused, as they would like to be in for christmas. i have to small children and am now facing being potentially homeless and without a place to work. how long does the court eviction notice take to come through and how long will that give me . i have also offered to pay a substantial increase in rent for the remainder of my stay but am waiting to hear back. thanks for your time
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If you just ignore the S.21 Notice and do not leave on the termination, it would take 6-8 Weeks for the landlord to get a possession order - probably longer given it is so close to Christmas.
I would not recommend doing this though, as you are likely to get a cost order against you and if you do not pay the rent then you will probably have to pay interest on the property as well. It may also effect your ability to get a new property in the area, if you do not have a landlord that is prepared to give you a favourable reference.
Is there any aspect in particular you would like to discuss?
I would be surprised if they turned down ea rental increase.
How much longer do you want to stay for?
AJ