75100385

I have paid a month rental plus bond and credit check fee to

I have paid a month rental plus bond and credit check fee to an estate agent for an advertised rental property 3 weeks ago. Today I have been informed that the landlord will not be renting the property to myself with no reason given. I had to vacate my previous home last week and am currently homeless with all my household possessions in storage. What should I do?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I am sorry about this situation. Had the Landlord signed the tenancy agreement please?
JACUSTOMER-90px1415- :

Hi AlexNo tenancy agreement has been signed. The estate agent wanted the monies in advance to take the property off the market while credit checks etc were carried out. It now appears that the property was never actually on the market. At least not to me.

Alex Watts :

Its bad news. What you can do is claim ALL fees back from the agent

Alex Watts :

But apart from that you should have made NO arrangements to move until there was a signed tenancy agreement.

Alex Watts :

They need to refund all fees.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

ok thanks