UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

J A. Further to the question about the ring, the evidence I

Customer Question

J A. Further to the question about the ring, the evidence I procured "photo's of bank statements", this came about by accident when work was being carried out, and I had to clean up, again when we swapped bedrooms and In went to retrieve something and statements were there and again doing work to draws where she would not empty them and statements were just laying there, so I photographed them. can I use them to prove she was lying
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

Yes, you may use the photos to back up your claims, provided you comply with the rules about using photographic evidence, see here:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Further to your last answer

Legally you are owed the money so you would not be making any unwarranted demands with menaces to make a gain for yourself or a loss to her so as to be blackmailing her and truth is always a defence to any action for defamation.

It may be that the threat of legal action will spur her into paying you.

I have now received a letter claiming I am blackmailing her. Here is an extract below,

By virtue of your own open email below you clearly acknowledge that you were given the choice of the ring or £5,000 in exchange for the £10,000. You clearly accepted this offer and entered into a legally binding contract. You subsequently signed an agreement to that effect. If this was not the case then I question why you signed the agreement in the first place. This will be material evidence against youl

What this does not say is the treat was I accept this or get nothing,

This was a recorded in a conversation when she came to my house, she came in shouting about so I recorded this conversation for my protection against her abuse without her knowledge.

To me, for her to say I accept this or get nothing is blackmail, I was not given a choice.

I have told here solicitor that I have recordings he does not know what and says I cannot use them unless I had her permission and did i inform her that she was being recorded .

That questions are, is it /or was it blackmail and what is my position of the recording. And can they be used.

To make sure that there in no intention of blackmail and that one matter is not related to the other will release the information of her terrible conduct before I continue with legal action.

I presume that will clear up any attempt that I have any intent to blackmail her or to attempt extortion ?

No, it is not blackmail as you have reasonable grounds for demanding what you did, under S. 21 of the Theft Act 1968 blackmail is defined as follows
(1)A person is guilty of blackmail if, with a view to gain for himself or another or with intent to cause loss to another, he makes any unwarranted demand with menaces; and for this purpose a demand with menaces is unwarranted unless the person making it does so in the belief—
(a)that he has reasonable grounds for making the demand; and
(b)that the use of the menaces is a proper means of reinforcing the demand.
It is up to the judge to consider whether the recording is admissible, if it is relevant, it usually is admissible where it has been disclosed to the other party.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure I fully understand the answer, but did she use blackmail ?

She may have done so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The lady who used a man to coerce me into accepting the ring, other wise I would get nothing and would be a waste of time going to court also used the same man to coerce another man into accepting no interest on a loan for 20k or get nothing.

But she also used the same man to talk to her solicitor to reduce her approximately 90k bill by 20k or she would go bankrupt, which he did .

But I know that she would not have gone bankrupt, it was all to get a deposit for a new house. the question is, should that same solicitor be acting on her behalf now or is his conduct questionable.