31090051

hello. can you give me advice please. i have a garden shed/pigeon

hello. can you give me advice please. i have a garden shed/pigeon loft in my council house garden ive asked my neighbours if its ok to krrp pigeons and they are ok with it .but the housing have told me to remove it.can i apply to the main council to keep it up .im a member of the national pigeon assocation .thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
The relationship you have with Glasgow City Council is a contactual one in the form of a lease between you and them. Does your lease with the council say anything about this?
Some leases typically will prohibit the keeping of pigeons and poultry. Others may not do so specifically but may have a general clause which would have the effect of prohibiting such matters. Other leases may not say anything at all.
Can you check your lease and report back to me please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it mentions pets but not poulty or pigeons.and the building of a shed.the housing officer gave me a verbal ok about the shed before i decided to turn it into a pigeon loft after consulting my neighbours about it

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I think the important thing here is that you have consulted with your neighbours and they have no objections to you having the pigeons in the garden. The main concern of a housing department is that neighbours don't cause a nuisance towards each other and also that there are no breaches of legislation, such as environmental health legislation or planning legislation. As far as I'm aware you don't need planning permission for a pigeon loft and I presume that you keep the area clean and tidy.
I would argue that in the absence of objection from your neighbours or a genuine and proper reason being given from the Council as to why you can't keep the pigeons there is no reason why you should not be able to do so.
Happy to discuss further.