12826847

Hi. The police are deciding whether to charge my partner for

Hi. The police are deciding whether to charge my partner for sexual touching. The women's statement us different to what actually happened andothers have been interviewed who have backed up my partners evidence of events . It was on a night out with a work colleague and he was put up to it by another collegue. If it goes to court I just would like to know what the sentence would probably be?
When you say put up to it, do you mean he admits the offence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi had a solicitor with him at the police station and was told to complete a no comment interview.

Ok.
So does he admit the offence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but not how she has said as that didn't happen the way she's said

What does she say happened and what does he say?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She says she felt his chest on her back which pushed her forward and then a hand between her legs. She was wearing jeans. He says He bit her on the bum. She was flirting and being suggestive all night one collegue left as she was making ever one so uncomfortable

OK. Either way, that is a sexual assault Im afraid. Its a shame she reported it but there you have it.
I suppose on her version of events its a more serious assault in terms of location but there isn't much in it.
It is too serious for a fine or a discharge but not serious enough for custody. There is case law that says a custodial sentence is not out of the question but it is not likely on a first offence.
Unfortunately though, it will lead to addition on the sex offenders register for five years.
In saner times, prosecutors use to offer a plea to common assault. We do not currently live in sane times so that might not be available. If that offer is made he should take it.