Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We sold a small strip of land a couple of years ago without

We sold a small strip of land a couple of years ago without using a solicitor. We now know that he did not register the land with the land registry. We are not bothered - as far as we are concerned it is his land and it's up to him what he does. Have we broken the law by not reporting it to the land registry or has he - or have neither of us? If it us who should have registered the land can we be prosecuted?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Please be rest assured that you have done absolutely nothing wrong. It is entirely up to the Buyer to register the Transfer at the Land Registry. Your Buyer really should get the land registered at the Land Registry sooner rather than later. Until such time as he does, you certainly can't be prosecuted,as you have done nothing wrong.

I hope this assists you and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Al,

Phew! We get on really well with him but I found out quite by accident, and he is not the type to take advice! Many thanks for putting our minds at rest - regarding this matter.

Craig

Thanks for your reply.

Your Buyer is rather foolish if he doesn't take steps to register the land!

If i have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards

AL