Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

can a solicitor talk about some one else who has nothing to

can a solicitor talk about some one else who has nothing to do with me
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you explain the situation in more detail?

Customer:

I went with my son to see his solicitor to see if I could get to see my grand kids and she just started to talk abut some thing that has nothing to do with me

taratill :

what was it to do with?

Customer:

the mothers father

taratill :

So it had nothing to do with the issue you had instructed them on?

Customer:

no nothing at all

taratill :

Did you query why they raised it at the time and what is your concern about this?

Customer:

I did not even get to tell her why I had gone there she just went on and on about him

taratill :

That seems very strange were you charged for this appointment?

Customer:

no I just went with my son to see if I could see my grand kids

Customer:

they have been taken in to care and I ould have like to see them

taratill :

Ok thanks, ***** ***** put a complaint into the firm's managing partner in the first instance. If you went to an appointment and the solicitor discussed another person and not the issue you went to discuss then that is clearly inappopriate and should be reported.

Customer:

she new I was going has my son told her

taratill :

If you were charged for the appointment then you can ask for your fees to be returned or to see another solicitor about your problem.

Customer:

ok so do I ring for an appointment or write to them

taratill :

I would either phone and ask to speak to the managing partner directly to complain or to write to the managing partner to complain.

Customer:

so please could you comfirm that she should have not talk to me about this other person

taratill :

correct unless it has a relevance to the matter you were instructing her on.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer:

ok thankyou so much my mind is at ease now I will sort it

taratill :

No problem, do come back to me in the future if you need to.