13262538

What is the difference between risk to life and risk of de

Customer Question

What is the difference between risk to life and risk of death?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Happy to wait. The question relates Health and Safety at work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Iam still waiting
My name is ***** ***** will do my best to help you
There are jobs/activities where there is an inevitable Risk of Death if things go wrong - motor racing for instance
That is a built in and inevitable risk of some activities.
A Risk to Life however refers to something that is done in a way that increases the risk - or actually causes a risk
I hope that this is of assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In a report by Charles Haddon Cave on an aircraft accident in 2006 he refers to a "net risk to life", what do you feel is meant by that expression?
Is this an essay question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. What is your understanding of "net risk to life"? Does flying present a risk of death or a risk to life?
That would depend on what you are flying and where.
A scheduled flight between say London and Paris is probably not; a small plane flying through war torn country side would be