75100385

Hello, been reversing car in my drive way and bumped into another

Customer Question

Hello, been reversing car in my drive way and bumped into another one. Witness call police,they arrived,took me to police station for breath test and I was 127.
They locked me for 21 hour,after that got bailed to court in two weeks.
Never been caught drink driving,speeding or mobile phone and never had any problems with police. What should I expect in court?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : With a reading of 127 in breath it is at the top end.
Alex Watts : The starting point is 12 weeks custody and the range is a long a Community order to 26 weeks custody.
Alex Watts : If you plead guilty you are likely to get 1/3rd off and beause you have no previous conviCtions get a suspended sentence if there were no aggrevating factors.
Alex Watts : However you will also be disqualified between 29-36 months but can be reduced by 25% if you take the drink drive course.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today pkease?
JACUSTOMER-39jirawa- : I have a good payd job and if they lock me for 12 week I'll lose my job,if I lose licence to drive I can't get to work.
JACUSTOMER-39jirawa- : im only 29 year old and I'm really worry about my future, do court will look in to that?
Alex Watts : The court has no choice but to disqualify you. There is no discretion here
Alex Watts : As I said given the lack of previous convictions and assuming there are no aggrevating factors you are not likely to be locked up.
Alex Watts : But it is a very high reading, the legal limit is 35 in breath. You were 127
Alex Watts : But you will lose your lose, of that there is no doubt
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?