12826847

Iv I got a second letter from "driver and vehicle agency "asking

Iv I got a second letter from "driver and vehicle agency "asking the question "have I lived in a certain area" an to tick a box either way yes or no , the problem I have is that I have lived there an I may have licence issues that they may be looking to sort out I.e points I was not given about two or three years ago ,what is the chance they might be able to put the points on now?
What were the licence issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello jo ! I lost my licence in May 2008 for 1 year but I never handed in my licence I then went home to my home country for a two years ,when I returned I applyed for a another licence an got one with no problems no points a clean licence , in 2012 I collected a nine points in a court sitting from a drink an drive case which I was cleared of ,when I sent my licence away to get points on it when it arrived back it only had three on it ! I don't know if I'm lucky or unlucky jo ! Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My question hasn't been answered ?
Do you mean you were banned by court order?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In 2008 yes I was banned for 1year in 2012 I just got 8 points !
And you didn't send your licence in for the points to be added?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said, I lost my licence in 2008 I Diddnt hand in my licence an went home to a different country for two years I then came back to England applied for another English licence an got a good clean licence end of story ! Then in 2012 I got 8 points for an other offence but they did NOT put any points on my licence , this is why I'm wondering if they are probably looking for me an do I have any thing to stop them from applying the original points on my licence I have now ??
Ok.
So did you send your licence in for the 8 points to be added?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I sent it in to get added but they didn't get added
Where did you send it?
Did they return it?
It is very important as you may have been revoked for this reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they posted my licence back without the 8 points
And this was from the DVLA?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the dvla
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes from the dvla
I don't think it can be a revocation then. At least it could be a revocation but that would be easy enough to get over turned because it isn't your fault. You sent the licence in. They didn't add points and that is their mistake.
This is probably just that they have realised that they didn't add the points and are seeking to correct that.
That is, of course, unless there is a completely fresh allegation. I suppose that they might be concerned to ensure that you have updated your address etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We'll the two addresses they are asking for are the two were I was living at the time on each occasion ! So it must be either one they are looking for ,so do you think it would be in my advantage to send them back or just ignore them as I'm moving again soon ?
No, you do need to respond to them. If you don't they will just revoke.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So even if I didn't hand in my licence in 2008 do you think they can't do anything now ?
No, they can revoke.
If you didn't hand your licence in then they will have revoked.
If they have the wrong address for you then they could prosecute for that.
They will certainly add the points but they should date from 2008 and so would not have relevance now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I lost the licence in 2008 , I got the points in 2012 ! So they can't take the licence off me after 6yrs surly ??
Yes, they can. They can revoke.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Omg what is your advice ?
you do need to respond to them. If you don't they will just revoke.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well why would they be asking me if I lived their or not ? If they knew this surly they would have been more direct an more certain that I lived there they mustn't be that sure ?