12826847

i am due an inheritance from my mother shortly. amount £18.000.

i am due an inheritance from my mother shortly. amount £18.000. i claim long term sick and DLA. my husband is on state pension and topped up by pension credit. he also has attendance allowance. also get housing benefit. we have debts of about £9.000. will we lose any of these benefits. I am so confused by what i read
I am sorry but you will. You will have to declare anything over £16k.
Your DLA will not be affected because that is not means tested. Your state pension will consider this sum but it is not likely to be affected.
The issue will be housing benefit because that is a means tested benefit. I'm afraid that will be removed completely until you have reduced the amount under £16k and then proportionately until you have used the money to pay rent.
The debts will not be considered.
Sorry that is probably bad news.