75100385

I typed up a contract for a 50% share in a wedding business.

I typed up a contract for a 50% share in a wedding business. I cant find the contract but I want out as the other person has not payed me for several accounts even though she has been asked on numerous occasions. I just want to have no further dealings with this woman and also dont want to held responsible in part for any adepts she may run up.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know whether it is a Limited company or partnership?

Customer:

it is just between to people

Alex Watts :

Ok - what you can therefore do is give notice to dissolve the partnership.

Alex Watts :

That means the assets needs to be accounted for and any money taken by the other side, 50% of that needs to be given to you

Alex Watts :

All assets must be sold and split 50/50 less any debts

Alex Watts :

If the partner refuses you can issue proceedings in the county court and request an order to dissolve and provide accounts for the partnership

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request the accounts and dissolution within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If your partner does not you can start proceedings by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

You are seeking an Order that your partner account for profits and deliver up accounts

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

How do I give notice to dissolve the partnership? There is little money to be sorted out, I just want to do something to stop her running up any dept in the future and me being liable for half.

Alex Watts :

You just write and say you want to dissolve. There is no template letter or anything

Alex Watts :

So you can just write and say you dissolve the partnership

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Thank you very much. I am in the process of doing so now thank you again