Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

My pay cheque bounced 3 weeks ago and I've been told that If

My pay cheque bounced 3 weeks ago and I've been told that If I send a photo of the returned cheque cut in two pieces that they will send me a BACS transfer. I've done all of this and still nothing.
I worked for this company for just under a year and this is very normal for them and they keep fobbing me off. Could you please advise me what I can do?
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you still employed by this company?

Customer: No, I finished about 2 months ago and this is my holiday pay
taratill :

Ok you need to protect your position by starting the claim process against them as you only have 3 months from the date of termination to bring the claim. You can start the early concillation process in the first instance. You will find details at http://www.acas.org.uk/earlyconciliation and ACAS will talk you through the steps you will need to take to raise the claim.

taratill :

If you have any further questions about this please do ask.

Customer: Ah perfect, thank you. And this should resolve the situation?
taratill :

Yes it should do. You are definitely entitled to holiday pay.

taratill :

If you have any further questiions please do ask. if I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Customer: They do have form with this, it's been like this since December, that's why I left. It's just now i have they are just ignoring me.
Customer: thanks for your help
taratill :

No problem. Hopefully by engaging the ACAS process it will be sorted swiftly.

taratill :