LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I live in a house owned by my son. I have been asked by the

I live in a house owned by my son. I have been asked by the insurance company to provide a lifetime tenancy agreement. I have approached two local solicitor firms but it seems this is not something they offer. Can you direct me to appropriate assistance. Thank you.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Can you tell me a little more please. Why do you need a life time tenancy agreeement. Tenancy agreeements tend to be for fixed periods or be statutory rolling tenancies. It would be easy to grant a tenancy for a long period of time

Customer:

I have been on to the insurance company again. The underwriters insist on the agreement a) to indicate that I am responsible for paying bills like insurance b) to state that somebody else has a financial interest in the property.

Customer:

Sorry hit the wrong button! I cant argue with them. My son lives in the US has no credit rating and no duty to pay for the bills. I have seen on the internet that a 90 year tenancy agreement is a suitable substitute. I have also been advised that writing my own agreement in legal speak would be inadvisable. I would like to be directed to solicitors that deal with such agreements and can sort it out quickly for me.

LondonlawyerJ :

We are not allowed to send yo to specific forms on this site however if you use this link and search for a property etc lawyer in your area you will see get a list of solicitors doing this kind of work local to you http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Customer:

I should have thought of that myself I guess. Any

Customer:

way I tried three on the list and one came back - and was very helpful. So progress. Thank you for your assistance.