75100385

My daughter was taken to court for remarks Facebook. She was

My daughter was taken to court for remarks Facebook. She was fined and has an order for 2 years to stay away from the girl which she has. This girl is now stalking my daughter constantly contacting the police and getting her arrested only for them to let her go as complaints unfounded. She has letters from the children's school to say nothing has happened and given her letters for the police to confirm this. My daughter suffers from Acute depression and Bipolar and is under her doctor with medication. She has now made an allegation towards my son in law and had him arrested today. My daughter is at the end of her teether and feels she has to move which is not fir on the children, she is in Private Accommodation so cannot be moved by the council. I recently lost my husband and feel completely unable to help. My daughter lives in Swindon and myself in London. Sorry this is a long message but really need advise. Thank you
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How many false reports have been made please?

Customer:

My daughter has at least 5 and counting tofay my son in law 4 three has been thrown out of different courts

Alex Watts :

Ok - I assume your daughter wants the harassment to stop?

Alex Watts :

Have I understood, there have been 5 complaints today, or is that overall?

Customer:

Yes she held her hands up and took the punishment. Nut it is Never ending and now effecting her children I have now had to arrange for them to be taken to and from school by taxi and she is afraid to go out which id costing me a lot of money

Alex Watts :

Indeed. She should make a complaint to the Police about this.

Alex Watts :

This could be considered harassment or wasting Police time

Alex Watts :

If the other person continues to make false allegations she will face wasting Police time which is a very serious matter

Alex Watts :

But this could also be considered harassment as the person is pursuing a course of conduct like to be considered harassment.

Alex Watts :

The Police can warn the person or prosecute,

Alex Watts :

But in reality its more likely to be wasting Police time

Alex Watts :

But sadly the Police will have a duty to investigate any complaint made.

Alex Watts :

Your daughter should start to keep a diary of any and all incidents which she can give to the Police

Alex Watts :

But there will come a point when the Police are just fed up and prosecute the complainant

Customer:

We have been told that as my daughter has an order to stay away from the girl there is nothing they can do and have to act on her complaint as she was the original victim

Alex Watts :

As I said the Police will eventually turn and prosecute the other person

Alex Watts :

What she can do is write to the Chief Constable and set out her complaint

Alex Watts :

Set out all the false allegations since and say that she is feeling harassed

Alex Watts :

The Chief Constables office should then investigate the matter

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes it does help but I am worried about my daughters mental health and need someone to talk to face to face especially about getting her moved but as I syayef she is in private accommodation and cannot go to council. I am at my wits end amd making me ill

Alex Watts :

Its a matter for her. She has 2 choices either do something about it and make a complaint or put up with it in the hope that it goes away

Alex Watts :

I am sorry but sadly I can only give you the legal solutions

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience