75100385

Hi there I have received a letter today dated 27 January 2012

Hi there I have received a letter today dated 27 January 2012 from my motor insurance company Quote me Happy (i have been insured with them since July this year so the date is wrong) stating that they have voided my policy due to false information in regards ***** ***** previous policy i had with them. They are stating that the false information i provided was "you have failed to inform us that you have previously had a policy cancelled with quote me happy".
I never knew they had cancelled the first policy. they wrote to me requesting information like driving licence and as they are online and no customer contact i emailed them asking how to get this info to them (there was no address on the letter). they replied through my account as i couldn't post the info to them. I couldn't find how to do it so I emailed them again asking if they still needed this info and again how to do it as I wasn't sure.
The next thing was money from them was refunded back into my account - they didn't explain why but my policy showed online as not active. My father re-insured again for me and everything was put through, they took the money and nothing further has been mentioned. I emailed asking if they required any info for this policy but again no response until this letter came through today.
can you please help me as I have been told the first policy shouldn't have been cancelled without more than one notice and as they didnt contact me properly or leave me any other way to contact them other than a general help email (no phone number, no address)
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did they never write to you to cancel the first policy please? What was the reason for the first policy cancellation?

Customer:

They wrote to me saying the required information that if not provided could lead to cancellation but never wrote saying it was cancelled. I am actually unsure why they cancelled it. the info they required was my driving licence and log book. i emailed them but they failed to make contact

Alex Watts :

Did you check to make sure they received it?

Alex Watts :

Did they ever acknowledge they received it?

Customer:

I emailed again but no response they never acknowledged they received it

Customer:

I even replied to the email they had sent me and sent a new email in re of what they had sent

Alex Watts :

Did you ever call?

Customer:

They are online only no customer contact centre

Customer:

they don't even provide you with an address to write to them

Alex Watts :

Ok - you need to write and complain to both the new and old insurance company and make a formal complaint.

Alex Watts :

You need to set out your position and indeed copies of the emails.

Alex Watts :

There must be an address, it must be on some documents you have

Customer:

They are a trading name of Aviva

Alex Watts :

There you go then, write to Aviva

Alex Watts :

So you have an address or do you want me to provide that for you?

Customer:

will they help me as they are the under writers?

Alex Watts :

Once you write to the old and new they will investigate the complaint against you

Alex Watts :

They will provide a response. If you are not happy with the response then you can complain to the Ombudsman.

Alex Watts :

They offer a free, independent service. Their website is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Alex Watts :

Customer:

At the moment is there anything I can do as insurance providers are saying they will not insure me

Alex Watts :

No.

Customer:

No i guess thats everything

Alex Watts :

They are at liberty to void insurance if indeed you did fail to declare something

Alex Watts :

But when you write to both the old and new insurance company they both can investigate it

Alex Watts :

The Ombudsman, if appropriate can investigate both insurance companies

Customer:

its the same company

Alex Watts :

But until you know whether or not for sure the first insurance was cancelled there is not sadly much you can do

Alex Watts :

Well then you can write to Aviva and raise a complaint

Customer:

ok thank you

Alex Watts :

Please see:

Alex Watts :

http://www.aviva.co.uk/existing-customers/complaints-contacts.html

Alex Watts :

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience