12826847

I am aware of the existence of non solicitor accredited police

Customer Question

I am aware of the existence of non solicitor accredited police station advisors / reps. What I would like to know is do solicitors have to go through the same or similar accreditation to be able to advise and represent at the police station or are all qualified solicitors automatically able to do police station representation. Also - are barristers allowed to advise and represent at the police station. I know it's not the norm but is it theoretically possible? Many thanks
It is now.
Solicitors have to do a similar cause to police station reps although obviously solicitors do far more training covering other forms of work.
Barristers who have done the accreditation course can now do police station work but they can't act for the same client at court.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem.
All the best.