75100385

Hi Alex I wanted to ask you another question regarding CWD

Hi Alex
I wanted to ask you another question regarding CWD and UAE debt. Let me know when you are available.
Alex Watts : Hello and thanks for requesting me.
Alex Watts : I am here if you want to chat.
Customer:

Hi Alex, is there any way my questions and answers can remain hidden as I am conscious that CWD monitor these forums and services?

Alex Watts :

Sadly not, its a public website. The only way is via telephoen

Customer:

Hi Alex

Alex Watts :

Customer:

No problem, I understand. Since we last spoke CWD have been asked for proof of assignment for any agreement that provides a legal basis on which they are seeking judgment in the UK on UAE debt. Also what act or statute in UK law that states the debt is enforceable. They have replied with the following "We can confirm that there has been no assignment of this liability. Further, that should our client instruct us to issue proceedings, it would merely be enforcing its contractual right to issue proceedings in any jurisdiction of its choosing under the laws of the UAE" Could you offer an opinion on this?

Alex Watts :

They can't issue in the UK and indeed they have no right to issue proceedings because the debt can't be assigned.

Alex Watts :

You dont need to worry

Alex Watts :

They have no claim

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Hi Alex, that's great to hear. Thanks for the information.

Alex Watts :

Thanks - happy to help

Alex Watts :

Please remember to rate as always.