13262538

My common in law wife died in 2009 I had to make a parental

My common in law wife died in 2009 I had to make a parental court order to get a passport in 2010. for my son.We had lived together as a family for 19 years. how could I now get out of parental responsibility . he is now sixteen?
Who does the child currently live with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

my son has lived with me his entire life. It was only when my late partner died, that I found out I could not get a passport for him to go on holiday. My son has my surname and I am the named father on his birth certificate.

Regards,

Graham.

Then I am sorry but there is no basis on which your Parental Responsibility will now be revoked - it will simply end on his 18th birthday.
I am afraid the fact that you are his parent and he lives with you would make you liable if there are school problems - whether or not you had PR.
Please ask if you need further details