75100385

NHS are charging me £709 for a full day's chemo treatment,

Customer Question

NHS are charging me £709 for a full day's chemo treatment, and then £362 for half hour appointments. I was not given a breakdown in advance of how I was to be charged, but just given an overall figure which I paid up front. It is only now I find out about these charges. Can I dispute the charges for the half hour appointments?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

How come you are being charged please?

JACUSTOMER-ciifu8ig- :

You asked why I was charged by the NHS. Because I chose to go private and was self-funding.

JACUSTOMER-ciifu8ig- :

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

How come you are being charged please?

JACUSTOMER-ciifu8ig- :

JACUSTOMER-ciifu8ig- says:

12:12 AM

12:12 AM

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

How come you are being charged please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you sign any terms and conditions please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I was given an estimate of what the entire treatment would cost, with no breakdown of the costs, and I paid up front

Yes you can dispute the charges. This is because unless they made it clear what charges were due they can not add charges after the contract.
So yes, on this basis you can dispute them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am really questioning the charges made for half an hour, which equates to about £5000 per day. They could be charging this to unwitting insurance companies who are not given a breakdown. However, I think you are saying I should accept their original estimate even though I did not realize how it was made up.

You should accept their estimate if you were given details on the chagres beforehand.
IF you were not then you don't have to pay.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was just given an overall figure of what chemotherapy could cost, not how it was charged. In view of the fact that the half hour appointments were for very simple procedures I feel the charges are over the top.

Indeed And you can challenge it on this basis.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think you have answered my question and I shall challenge the amount they are charging

Indeed. Good luck. Do you need anything else from me?

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.