How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70295
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

need to have an order lifted preventing contact between husband

Customer Question

need to have an order lifted preventing contact between husband and wife
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What type of order is this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

restraining order

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Issue by which court?
On the application of whom?
For what reason?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cps aplied

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. That is all I need to know.
He can make an application for its removal to the issuing court and you can support that. Whether it will be allowed or not is another matter. It depends how many times you have done this before. If you have a long standing history of calling the police to domestic disputes then the odds are against you. If it is the only time you have ever done it then probably it would be accepted.
Unfortunately these days there are always consequences to calling the police. It is all very well if you want to discontinue the relationship but if you want to remain with somebody it is not really an option any more.
An application can be made though.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help and for excellent service

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
No problem.
All the best.

Related Law Questions