LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

my neighbour has right of way though our back garden to his

my neighbour has right of way though our back garden to his ,as these were once council houses ,now both houses are private ,and it seems he has more say over our garden than we do ,he is intimadating me ,and comes though early mornings and late nights we never get a private time in our own back garden ,soon as we have vistors he come though ,this is getting out of hand is there anythick we can do to help this
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Where does his right of way go to?

Customer:

straight in front of our conservatory round the side then out though a gate ,, like a L SHAPE

LondonlawyerJ :

What does he use it to access?

Customer:

his back garden

Customer:

across ours to the street ,

Customer:

oh what happens now ,has anyone got any answers for me please

Customer:

iv just paid £56 for nothink whats going on

Customer:

only wanted a bit of advice ,as this problem is driving me mad

Customer:

got to go out now ,back later hope someone can help me

Customer:

hi back home now is anyone there to give me a bit of advice please

Customer:

hi have you got anytink for me please

LondonlawyerJ :

Yes , I had an urgent meeting this afternoon which has now finished. Will answer now.

LondonlawyerJ :

If he has a right of way then he can use it I am afraid. In legal terms this would usually be an easement which your solicitor would have advised you about at the time of purchase and which should appear on the title register at the land registry. If thr tight of way is legitimate and he is not doing anything other than using it then there is nothing you can do I am afraid.