Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I cannot do bank transfer to complete my buying of a property

I cannot do bank transfer to complete my buying of a property because I do not have a passport what can I do
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please clarify- is the money is sitting in your Bank account, and the Bank won't transfer these funds to your Solicitor without seeing a passport?
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the money is in my bank and he will not do the bank transfer without my passport which I do not have because I have lost it due to moving

Well, if you have a photo drivers licence, this would be classed a suitable evidence of your id.
Do you have a drivers licence?
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I do not drive I feel terrible I am due to complete buying property on monday

I was going to say, if the worst comes to the worst-write a cheque, but that won't be cleared in time.
So- your Bank must have taken some id off you when you opened your Account. You therefore need to go to your Bank tomorrow and plead with them to check their records and take with you your Bank statements/Council tax statement/Bank card and any other evidence of your address as possible. I would certainly hope that they would agree to proceed with the transfer.
Not sure if your Solicitor/possibly your financial advisor took a copy of your passport at the beginning of the transaction. If so, you could always go and pick up the copy from your Solicitor (if they are holding a copy, they should have certified it to be a true copy of your original) and this should be sufficient for the Bank to hopefully do the Bank transfer on Monday morning.
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
AL
Another thought- if you do internet Banking, you can send up to £10,000 each day, without a fee. I don't know how much you need to send but you could send 10K tonight, 10k tomorrow and 10k after midnight on Sunday night. These payments will then be with your Solicitor for Monday morning.
Kind Regards
AL
Hi Elizabeth,
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for your advice, the bank was still not very helpful again, they did not even telling me that I could do it on line. My daughter helped me and we did the transfer online this morning so it should be ok for Monday.I do not know how people without passports(I mislaid mine at the wrong time) or driving licences manage, there must be another identification. I took a lot of paperwork with me but it was refused.

Anyhow sorted now, Thankyou very much for your time Elizabeth S

Hi Elizabeth,
Glad to hear you have ben able to sort it out.
Unfortunately, unless you have some id with your photo on it, Banks will not agree to do a large Bank transfer.
If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback, so I may get credited for my time.
Good luck for Monday!
Kind Regards
AL
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law