75100385

Hello,I am looking for some advice. I purchased a TV on a

Customer Question

I am looking for some advice. I purchased a TV on a 6 months interest free agreement.
Having looked at my account online it seems that the one time direct debit payment is actually set to come out of my bank after the interest free date. I tried to change the date of the out coming direct debit but it will not change the date until after my first direct debit comes out.
I have contacted the finance company but as yet have not heard back from them. I am worried that once the interest free time is surpassed then i will get all the interest added to my account.
Any help would be appreciated
Many Thank Garith Johnson.
Alex Watts :

Hello Garith my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Have you offered payment to the finance company please?

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

Hello Alex,

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

I have been making monthly payments off of the outstanding amount,
But i will be leaving the country for 6 months in about 5 weeks so will be unable to make any further monthly payments. So i went on their website to make sure that everything would be ok whilst I am out of the country. That is when i noticed that the direct debit date is outside of the 0% finance date.

Alex Watts :

If you can't make full payment, wont you expect to be charged interest?

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

did you actually read what i have writen?

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

it is a 6 month interest free oprion with 1 single direct debt at the end of the 6 month period. what is worrying me is they have set the one & only direct debit to be after the 6 month period!!!

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

which would have taken me past the interest free period and presumably they will then add all the interest!!!!

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

which to my mind is wrong as they are not letting me pay outstanding amount within the time frame.

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

they are forcing me to go past the interest free time frame so they can charge me interest

Alex Watts : Have you called to make payment by card?
JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

Im sorry but you don't seem to understand what i am saying!!!
why are you fixated on how I'm paying???

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

i am still within my 0% period so there is no need for me to pay now!!!
MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE AGREED PAYMENT METHOD HAS BEEN SET UP FOR OUTSIDE OF THE 0% INTEREST TIME THEREFOR FORCING ME TO PAY INTEREST

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

I think you're service isn't the way forward you seem to misunderstand what i am saying so i no longer need your assistance

Alex Watts : Yes I get that. I assume you have the funds to pay the loan off at the end of the period, is that right?
JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

Yes i have the funds that has never been the problem.
Let me try to clarify!!
I purchased a TV on 0% interest for 6 months in October with a one time payment via direct debit in February.

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

The 0% finished on the 28 of february but they have set the direct debit for the 6th March.

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

So if they take it out of my bank in march then I have gone past the 0% interest time frame.
So I'm worried they will then charge the interest which I wouldn't have to pay if they set the direct debit date for the 28th February.

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

I have tried to change the direct debit date but i was informed that i could not until after my first direct debit has been taken out

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

Seen as this is a one time direct debit then this is no good to me.
If i was not going out of the country for 6 months this would not be a problem as then i could carry on paying monthly but I am going to be in Antarctica so as you can imagine there is not much chance of being able to use the internet

Alex Watts : Will they not permit you to pay by debit card on 28th Feb or does it have to be by DD?
Alex Watts : have they confirmed in writing that if you pay on 6th March by DD You would or would not be charged interest?
JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

I cannot pay on the 28th of feb as i will be living and working in Antarctica

JACUSTOMER-d4uh6tag- :

No they have not answered my mail that i sent to them trying to clarify the situation

Alex Watts : Ok. You should write to them now recorded delivery and not email to clairfy the position.
Alex Watts : Then if they do chagre you Interest you can raise a formal corporate complaint.
Alex Watts : If this does not resolve the matter you can complain to the Ombudsman. They are independent and can examine your complaint for free at www,financial-Ombudsman.org.uk
Alex Watts : If that does not resolve it you can sue them for the Interest
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts :

You have rated POOR SERVICE but I have given you the legal answer.

Alex Watts :

What else do you want to know?