75100385

We are a startup and we are about bringing onboard our first

We are a startup and we are about bringing onboard our first paid intern. She is a 25yo graduate and we are offering her £1000 / month (~38 hours / week). Few questions:

1. First of all I would like to have the confirmation that we comply with the national minimum wage (£6.5 / hour right?).

2. Classifying her as a "worker" (not emaloyee), should I arrange a formal contract with duration, duries and hours requested?

3. What are her rights in terms of paid holidays? Other rights she is entitled of as a paid intern?

4. In the case of low performance can I set in a contract a 1 week notice (or less) to interrupt the collaboration?

5. Apart from the £1000 paid to her what else (if any) should I pay and to whom?

6. Any link for a contract template to suggest?

7. In order to classify her as a work should I promise her a contract of future work?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you
First of all I would like to have the confirmation that we comply with the national minimum wage (£6.5 / hour right?) - Yes
Classifying her as a "worker" (not emaloyee), should I arrange a formal contract with duration, duries and hours requested? - Yes
What are her rights in terms of paid holidays? Other rights she is entitled of as a paid intern? - she is entitled to 5.6 weeks per year.
In the case of low performance can I set in a contract a 1 week notice (or less) to interrupt the collaboration? - Yes
Apart from the £1000 paid to her what else (if any) should I pay and to whom? - National Insurance. HMRC should be informed.
Any link for a contract template to suggest? - www.simply-docs.co.uk
In order to classify her as a work should I promise her a contract of future work? - No you don't need to
Can I clarify anything else for you?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience