Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

i have had unchalenged us of a piece of land for 30 years what

i have had unchalenged us of a piece of land for 30 years what are my wrights on ownership
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
You are entitled to apply to the Land Registry for "possessory title" under adverse possession law.
Adverse possession means that a party has used a piece of land, without the consent of the true paper owner, and has "possessed" the land without dispute or hindrance, for a continuous period of at least 12 years (if the land is registered at the Land Registry) or 10 years (if the land is not registered). An application has to be made to the Land Registry. To be guaranteed of a successful application, it is always best for the land in question to have been fenced off. When applying to the Land Registry, you will need to prepare a written statement confirming your possession of the land over the period of 10/12 years.
There is a set application form and fee of £100 to pay, and you should contact a local Conveyancing Solicitor to assist you with this and to send the necessary papers to the Land Registry.
I hope this assists and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL