Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

my niece,s father has just died and left on will can they get

my niece,s father has just died and left on will can they get power of attorney they are his next of kin
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please let me know if your niece's mother is still alive?
What assets did he leave?
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mother is still alive they are divorced. he has not got much just a house and a small amount of saveings

Thanks Deborah.
As they were divorced, his next of kin is his daughter and any other children he may have.
As you probably found, your niece (or any of her brothers/sisters if she has any) will need to apply for Letters of Administration.
(a Power of Attorney is only valid while someone is alive, so this does not apply).
Your niece may wish to speak to a local Wills Solicitor to deal with obtaining the Letters of Administration.
I hope this helps and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL