Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I asked my question about forms to accompany the Deed of variation

I asked my question about forms to accompany the Deed of variation when submitting the application to the Land Registry. I agreed to to pay the fee but was accidentally cut off and cannot seem to get back to the lawyer
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
It doesn't appear that your original question has been logged with us experts, so if you could reply to me with your question, I will gladly assist.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Aston Lawyer, My question was........What docs need to be filed with a Deed of Variation which has been drawn up by the current land owner with the agreement of the previous land owner. I have two Deeds of Variation which are duly signed and witnessed by the above mentioned owners.

Sorry about the delays. I have recently taken delivery of a new Computer

which is apparently a lot cleverer than I am. Thanks Cyrus

Thanks for your reply.

You will need to submit the application with an AP1 Form (which is the Land Registry's application form), the fee of £40, and the 2 Deeds of Variation.

If no Solicitors have been involved with this matter, then I'm afraid all th eparties to the Deed will also need to complete a Form ID1, which is a form completed in front of a Solicitor to confirm that the Solicitor has verified the party's id. You can download this Form from the Land Registry website, and each party will need to provide an up to date passport sized photo. It is a pain, but is a requirment of the Land Registry to avoid any possible fraudulent transactions being registered.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards

AL

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello

AL Many thanks for your advice which seems a reasonable approach except that in my conversation with the Land Registry advisor he quite clearly stated that the need to identify was no longer needed in accordance with recent changes and I am trying to track the actual confirmation. I'll try not to trouble you any further and I am most grateful for your kind and detailed assistance Cyrus Ferguson

Hi Cyrus,
Unless you ask a Solicitor to lodge the AP1 on your behalf, the Land Registry will certainly need Form ID1 from you! I am certainly not aware of any recent changes.
If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
Kind Regards
AL