13262538

Hi I have joint custody of my six year old daughter and I had

Hi I have joint custody of my six year old daughter and I had her with me from Friday after school until 10 am Sunday morning when I was due to take her back to her mother , on Saturday I received a text asking me to drop her to a lady who sometimes looks after her when I got there I asked her when would her mum be picking her up she then informed me her Mum had gone to Bulgaria on Thursday and would not be back until Tuesday night I then asked who would be picking her up she told me her Mums boyfriend who she has only known for six months and he would look after her until Tuesday night which would mean dressing her and putting her to bed , her Mum hasn't spoken to my daughter since Thursday morning . I just wanted to know where I stand legally with this
Where is the child now and are there and Court Orders in place regarding the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is with a child minder I employed and there are no court orders
So the child is in your care still?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Her mum is picking her up today after school as she returned from Bulgaria on Tuesday night
I assume that you actually kept the child in your care until now - as you were fully entitled to do.
You shoudl politely make it clear that you do expect to have the care of the child on an occasion she goes abroad in the future
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare I wanted to know where I stand legally and does her have to tell me when she is going abroad and is she allowed to leave my daughter overnight with someone I don't know without my permission ?
There is no law that says that your ex must inform you when SHE alone is going abroad, and since she has Parental Responsibility she is allowed to make plans for the care of the child provided they are safe.
However if the child is not with her then you are entitled to take over the care of the child form whomsoever she has been left with and they cannot refuse to hand the child over.