UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am owed a considerable amount of money for a property I sold

I am owed a considerable amount of money for a property I sold privately, what options do I have? What kind of solicitor would I need?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My ex husband was living in the property and had agreed to sell it to Mr rogerson. My ex then died and the house came tome as part of my settlement. Mr rogerson said that he wanted to live in the property and would pay me for it over 2-3 years. Mr rogerson had considerable difficulty with the planning department and said that he would get better results if the house was actually his. I signed the house over to him with the understanding that he would sign a contract to pay me.He did not sign. He then decided he no longer wished to live there and would sell it. Again he promised to to get a contract made up to pay me as soon as it was sold. This has been going on for eight years. I recently looked on zoopla to see that the house was sold last may. Mr Rogerson is not answering my calls.

I would suggest that you speak to a fee high street solicitors to take your case up possibly on a win no fee basis or on a fixed fee basis.
You may need to file legal proceedings against Mr. Rogerson for breach of contract and there may also be a fraud issue here and you should speak to the police to see if they are able to assist you
May I help further?