I was assaulted by an employee / contractor of a well known

Customer Question

I was assaulted by an employee / contractor of a well known courier company on the road.
I was hit several times and probably have an undisplaced fracture of the zygoma (eye socket), although this will not show up on an X-ray. I was X-rayed in A&E shortly after the event. The NHS will only to tell you to treat the injury as an actual fracture, as it is costly for them to proceed with CAT scans etc. The treatment for an undisplaced fracture of the zygoma fracture is down to the patient anyway, so the NHS have little interest in proving it either way. I have just been told to treat is as a fracture. However lack of proof of an existing fracture may well have bearing on the level of assualt that the police are able to charge the employee with. it may well have a bearing on whether or not the employee can keep his job.
What recourse do I have with the Courier company and should I be paying for a CAT scan privately?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have approached a solciotor yet ?
JACUSTOMER-bv2izeyv- :

Hi Alex, No, not yet. The police are interviewing the driver this week and will be in touch with the response from the other party.

Alex Watts : Ok well generally you would pay for the scan and then if there is a claim, you would raise it as a special damage loss.
Alex Watts : However If you were assaulted and they admit liability then they should pay for the scan
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-bv2izeyv- :

And the recourse with the employees company ?

Alex Watts : You can have a claim for personal Injury.
Alex Watts : A no win no fee solicitor is likely to take this om
Alex Watts : on
Alex Watts : Does that help?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: