12826847

our son has been released from prison after serving 2 years

our son has been released from prison after serving 2 years 3 months of a 4 and a half year sentense for death by dangerous driving,he is now on license but probation will not let him home because of death threats made from the father of the deceased even though we have had installed a panick alarm and cctv fitted.We are told by the police that they have no problem with him returning and also by his probation officer but they are still not letting him homeyet as these last threats were made a couple of days ago to the fathers liaison officer,can you tell us how we stand legally with this problem,thanks
Are you asking if you can force them to change their view?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just asking if anything can be done legally or otherwise

You can always ask probation to consider and appeal their decision to a more senior probation officer.
There is also a Probation Ombudsman who would consider the reasonableness of the decision made by the probation officer.
Ultimately you can judicially review their decision although that is expensive.
There is no other formal appeal though I'm afraid.