75100385

For Alex W Please advise on Santander agreement as sent many

For Alex W
Please advise on Santander agreement as sent
many thanks Nick
Alex Watts :

Hello and thanks for requesting me

Alex Watts :

I will take a look at the agreement now.

Customer:

thanks - by the way Santander's solicitor has come back to me to say that Santander have withdrawn their request for me to make an offer and now insist they have the car back fully repaired by the 3rd Nov and that they will not consider anything else - the case isn't until the 11th so I don't understand why they are giving this date - I have no idea how quickly the car can be repaired but I presume I can ask the court to postpone the hearing if it looks unlikely it will be ready - if that is a new question I will ask that once I hear something from my insurance co.

Alex Watts :

Indeed. You can apply the Court to stay proceedings pending outcome

Alex Watts :

But of course you need some sort of evidence to say that the matter is progressing otherwise

Alex Watts :

So yes you can ask the court to stay proceedings.

Alex Watts :

I have looked at the agreement and sadly it does seem fine

Alex Watts :

But also even if the agreement is defective then they can apply to the Court for an order to enforce

Alex Watts :

Customer:

so I can't pay the 50%, give them the car and walk away prior to court - I will have to pay the difference between the total fin ace and whatever they sell the car for at auction?

Alex Watts :

Yes that is right

Alex Watts :

I am sorry

Customer:

thanks for all your help