75100385

I own a commercial property - I had a tenant on a 5 year lease

I own a commercial property - I had a tenant on a 5 year lease - They disappeared after about 18 months - leaving the property abandoned - who is responisble for the business rates - can they be held accountable for the business rates for the remainder of the 5 year period?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : You become liable from the period the keys are handed back or you become aware and take possesion of the property.
Alex Watts : What you can't do is if you know they have left just sit there until the 5 year terms ends.
Alex Watts : But they are liable until they hand the keys back or you take possession
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?