75100385

If I do not appeal a Party Wall Addendum and the AO takes me

If I do not appeal a Party Wall Addendum and the AO takes me to Court - would I have the opportunity to say why I had not paid ? In fact he refused access for us to finish the build unless I paid him cash. I did not want to pay cash and offered a cheque or directly into his bank. He ignored this . We reached stalemate and the wall on his side has not been completed. Therefore I would argue that we have not had the opportunity to 'make good' as required in the original PW award. Am I right? Can he insist on cash before he allows access to his land ? Can you quote any precedents please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes you would be given a chance to say why you had not paid. You could then contest any costs against you in issuing a claim.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience