Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

my next door nourbours children keep kicking there football

my next door nourbours children keep kicking there football into my garden causing damage to my flowers.there father tells me i must return the footballs within seven days .advoice please
Expert:  Jenny replied 3 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do you think that the parents are deliberately allowing their children to cause damage to your property?

Customer:

i do not think the parents are deliberately allowing their children to cause damage but they are not putting any effert into putting a stop to it.do i have to return the foot balls within seven days?.

taratill :

There is no legal requirement to return the ball within a specific time frame. You can wait for them to come and collect it if you wish. If their actions are causing you damage you should ask the parents to ask the children to try not to kick the balls over. You can say that you are quite willing to give them the balls back but ask them to come and collect them if you wish. If the persistant damage results in a finanial loss (i.e. the cost of new plants/ flowers technically you may be able to take the parents to court to recover your losses). This may not be a desirable course of action as it would damage neighbourly relations and also any dispute with neighbours is declarable if you decide to sell your property.

taratill :

If you have any further questions about this please do let me know.

taratill :

Hello is there anything further you would like to know about this?

Customer:

thank you for your advice.it looks like i will be carrying on as normal and tolerating bad behaviour from unruly children!!!

taratill :

Well you do have the option I have mentioned above of complaining to the parents. All the best with it and I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.