Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

If a Solicitor does not respond to emails which now means he

If a Solicitor does not respond to emails which now means he has now missed the deadline put in for the agreements to be changed by over one week, which now means I am losing £3k a week in lost revenue?
What action can be taken as every time I chase up this costs me money. It is not my Solicitor but the other persons solicitor who I am actually responsible for paying his costs in this case
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you saying the other side's solicitor is causing you this trouble not your solicitor?

Customer:

yes that is correct

taratill :

Another person's solicitor does not owe you any duty of care so you will not be able to take action against the solicitor if they do this. Any action against them would either have to be based on your solicitor / client relationship with them or on a breach of contract. You may be able to take action against the person who they represent though as part of your original claim. Your own solicitor should be able to assist you with doing this. If you have any questions about this please do let me know.

Customer:

So I would have to get my Solicitor to take action against the clients. This may prove difficult as they could then perhaps force a cancellation or not complete the transaction.

taratill :

It depends on the nature of the transaction to be honest. Your solicitor would advise you of the risks/ if it's worthwhile.

Customer:

okay thanks for your assistance.

taratill :

No problem, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer and do come back to me in the future if you need to.