UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am an English Gay man, who is in a relationship with someone

I am an English Gay man, who is in a relationship with someone from the Philippines, who is thinking of moving to Germany next year. If I was able to go to Germany and get married to him because marriage is legal there between same sex couples. What is his status in the UK with him being my spouse, would he then be allowed to come to the UK to be with me.
I really appreciate your service, thank you so much.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
His status would not change as, just being married does not give him a right to reside in the UK. What he would need to do is apply for a spouse visa to enter the UK.
What this means is that you must sponsor him to come to the UK as your spouse. In order for you to do so, you must show that you are earning at least £18,600 gross for at least 6 months with the same employer. You must also show that you have suitable accommodation ie a house or a flat
Your partner would need to apply from the Philippines and would not be able to apply from Germany as he is not a resident of that country ( unless he was living there for over 6 months).
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.