I allowed a woman I knew who told me she had to move out from

I allowed a woman I knew who told me she had to move out from her flat to store her furniture and belongings in one of my sheds and in my lounge for 4 weeks and the date she has to get it out is October 17th. I have already reminded her by her mobile number to get it out. She left no forwarding address with her Estate agent and I have no E mail address to contact her - I had to get her evicted by the Police from my premises on September 20th after 4 days of constant verbal and racial abuse.
I have told her repeatedly in the last 2 weeks to get her proerty removed by the 17th and have been totally Ignored by her - Do I have the right to get it removed and auctioned ?
Have you just left messages for her or have you sent texts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no text facility or Caller ID on my land line It is an old Corded type and I have no mobile by choice - The agreement was verbal and I reminded her of it when the Police ejected her on September 20th for her constant verbal abuse and racist comments.

What is the rough value of her goods?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

According to what she told me about some of her furniture etc and a very large Sony TAV- 1 televison that is taking up space in my lounge I can only estimate that it is about £6,000 in total

What she asked me to do was that if I could store it for her it would save her the £120 per week storage costs that she was quoted from a company other than the two man Van hire firm who delivered it to my premises.

The fact is that I believe I was lied to all the way andas I cannot get her to call me it is contemptuos so I want it all OFF my premises as soon as possible. - I am even prepered to get the s6tuff pout of my lounge and put it bin the garden under a trarpaulin and warn her that I have done so.

It is going to be very dangerous to dispose of such high value items in such a short time.
I do completely see your position and I don’t blame you for not wanting to have these goods on your property.
This is an issue of the law of abandonment of goods. As a general rule you are under a duty to take reasonable care of the property of others if its left in your care. However, there are obviously limits to that.
Abandonment is very badly defined in law. Goods are generally abandoned if they have been left for a period of time that is not ‘reasonable’. What is reasonable depends on the facts of the case - in particular the value of the item either financial or emotional but also the inconvenience to you. A small item would be easier to store and so you would be required to keep it longer than a bulky one which clogs up your space.
Overall, if she has items there of this value then you need to give her clearer notice than this. If you cannot send her a text then you are going to be in difficulty. There needs to be a recordable form of the message. You could get somebody else to send her a text. You need to give her longer than until the 17th. If this is £6k I would suggest 28 days. Then you would have a basis to remove them.
Of course, it is likely that he will turn up at some point and start making threats about this. Then you will have to defend any action that he brings on the basis that the goods were abandoned.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much for your advice and legal clarification of what I was 6told might be the case- You mentioned witnesses and recording what I say - I hyave no such facilities or access to do that or I would have done it already

I put all the furniture stored indoors over one side in my lounge three weeks ago so that I could gain access to my books etc in the Extension. which has her dresses and two cases clogging it up !!

Now it appears I very reluctantly have to comply with the law and give *the arrogant Woman* until the end of November to get it all out despite her having already said in front of two of my family that it would be gone by the end of this week !!

Meanwhile, having assembled it for her when she moved in, I now intend to dismantle the 7 ft long dress rack and put her clothes into two cheap cases which I will buy ASAP locally so at least I will gain better access to my library of Aviation and otrher technical subject books in the Extension as that is clooged up too. I don't think I will be paid any visits by her or any "heavies" :-) and if so, the Police have already got me on their records having done tyhe eviction and gave me a reference number to call 999 immediately.if she turns up and gets stroppy.

Can't you get somebody else to text her to that number with this information?
You need to be able to prove that you sent her that message and what was said.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try and get someone locally to do that as a text ASAP

I will also be printing this and sending it to my Nephew as he will probably do what you suggest for me.

Thank you once more for your clarification and advice

No problem.
Make sure he keeps the text. There is no point in doing it if it is deleted.
Then you can give her a specific period of time and dispose of the goods at the end of that.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo

As I rated your service as excellent I wish you lived somewhere neare me :-) BIUT can you please clarify the freebie advice bit - for a thick 77 year old retired mechanical development engineer with his own workshop and hands on brains but no understanding of all this Electro Techno *Compunerdy* stuff :-)

Which incidentally - if you say the word out loud and roll the r -- sounds like Swedish Chef of the Muppets ?

BTW I was a part time pro drummer for 43 years until 2000 when gigs dried up - and guess what - The others in the 16 piece Big band I played with called me Animal 'probably 'coz I was known to get stroppy with prima dona singers who sung sharp or flat :-)

Not sure what you mean about freebie advice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My question referred to this

**Please remember to rate my answer. Your question will not close and I will be able to deal with your follow up questions for free.**

plus what the attached advertising blurb that I read says - about signing up for a monthly fee for regular advice after a trial period -

I am probably as thick as a plank like I said before and that the freebies bit relates only to this question

Thanks again

You need to email customer services about that on***@******.***
I am never involved in the accounts side of things. They will help you with that.