12826847

A 7 ton white van has been parked in the street outside our

Customer Question

A 7 ton white van has been parked in the street outside our house for 9 months. It blocks our view, the battery is dead and it is causing a lot of frustration and distress. The owner refuses to move it or attempt to park it outside his own house. For a while it was untaxed, displaying an expired tax disc (it is taxed now). The police, council and DVLA refuse to help in any way whatsoever. Is there anything we can do?
Are there any parking prohibitions at this location?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are no prohibitions in this street. No resident's only etc.

Thanks. That is bad news I'm afraid.
You are free to park anywhere in the UK that does not either cause an obstruction of the highway or offend against a prohibition. This vehicle does neither on these facts.
An untaxed vehicle might have interested the DVLA but obviously here they either had better things to do unfortunately or they did summons him to court but that hasn't resulted in the vehicle being moved. In any event, it is taxed now.
I'm afraid the presence of a vehicle which blocks your view is not actionable of itself.
I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.