75100385

hello, I took my van to a company called 1st choice engines

Customer Question

hello, I took my van to a company called 1st choice engines to have the engine reconditioned, they said it would take 5 to 7 working days, after waiting some 3 months they called after lots of phone calls to there company to say the van was ready to collect, also the life time warranty paper work, I called to collect the van and the paper work, I noticed upon driving the van that it was very under powered, after 6 miles the van blew up at the side of the motorway and had to be recovered by the RAC, I called the company to inform them of what had happend they duley collected the van to repair it, now 3 months on again i am being fobbed of over the phone with excuses I have paid them £2000 pounds can i get my money back?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : How have you paid the £2000 please?
JACUSTOMER-s1hkvbnl- :

I paid via bacs transfer and got a vat invoice

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/