75100385

hi my name is ***** ***** I moved into a industrial unit

hi my name is ***** ***** I moved into a industrial unit 11 months ago with my wife cousin at his request as I was trying to start my own venture hydro dipping I told keath which is his name that I could not afford rent he said not to worry about it that I could pay rent once I was making money so the agreement was to work for him at a low rate while I was trying to get mine going this was good until end of may when he brought his son in to work for him so there was no work for me so we agreed I would pay rent of 130 a month and electric 100 a month then all of a sudden he came up with a invoice of 1690 so I left invoice should have been from 1 june until 16 sep say 4 months which would be 920 I was not paid for last invoice which was 420 I had 2 spray guns stolen by his son which he confessed to they were worth 220 so I think I owe him 280 but he still wants 1690 there was no contract or anything . how do I stand . thanks lee
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Is there anything in writing at all?

Alex Watts :

Was the unit rented to you or your company please

Customer:

nothing in writing unit was rented to mr keath jones I just gave him invoices for work I did for him

Alex Watts :

Ok - what is it you want to achieve?

Customer:

just to pay what I really owe how does he stand legally

Alex Watts :

He does not

Alex Watts :

He does not have a written agreement

Alex Watts :

If he is trying to claim certain rent and terms then he should have put it in writing

Alex Watts :

He did not

Alex Watts :

Therefore if he tries to sue you, he would have to prove the claim on balance. I do not think he can

Alex Watts :

In any event if the sum claimed is £10,000 or less it would be a small claim so even if you lost, you would only have to pay what was ordered plus Court fees which are limited

Alex Watts :

Does that help?