29905560

are managers aloud to pester you at home when on sick.went

are managers aloud to pester you at home when on sick.went on sick 9/10/14 had 4 phone calls and one letter.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. can you tell me how long you have been employed there and are you entitled to sick pay

Customer:

14 years yes i am entitled to sick pay

Ben Jones :

Ok thank you leave it with me I need to look up a few things and then get my advice ready.I will post back on here when done there is no need to wait and you will receive an email when I have responded.

Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience. It is important that whilst n employee is off on sick leave the employer maintains appropriate contact them. The amount of contact will often depend on the employee's job and the size and culture of the employer's business. For example a senior manager in a small office may be contacted more often as they will have the knowledge of certain aspects of the running of the business. However, a balance should be struck between demonstrating concern and offering support, and maintaining sufficient distance so that the employee does not feel pressured to offer help. Contact could, for example, be limited to a regular telephone update conversation once a fortnight. However, employers should avoid overbearing or intrusive contact, or any other course of conduct that could cause distress such as to amount to harassment under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997. This risk may be increased if the employee is alleging that their illness is work-related, and especially if it is linked to workplace bullying.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Customer:

yes thank you.

Ben Jones :

you are welcome, all the best