12826847

My work has just been sent a centralised attatchment of earnings

Customer Question

My work has just been sent a centralised attatchment of earnings payments system (caps) .......with an arrears order ...priority maintenance...Chelmsford county court are asling my work to take 2000 from my salary and pay them up to the amount of 10500 they say I am in rrears..they say that this doesn't affect the current attatchment of earnings order that my employer is already administering....but my work is not administering any current order !!!!!!! THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY CONTACT FROM CHELMSFORD COUNTH COURT WITH MY EMPLOYER......I live on less than 2000 a month as it is....can they enforce this...they have never asked for a salary review and this letter has just come ouyt of the blue....I have been in arreras duew to a salary decrease but can they just send this thru and enfiorce it ???
How much are the actual arrears and when do they date back to?
How much is your monthly income?