UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

An case for asylum within the UK was made just over 10 years

Customer Question

An case for asylum within the UK was made just over 10 years ago. But due to specific circumstances (which I do not know), they had to go back and this was again about 10 years ago. Now they want to genuinely visit the UK for holiday and will return back thereafter. Would they have any issues visiting the UK as they had concerns that a asylum file was initiated and finger print scans were taken?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
It seems like their asylum case was refused by the Home Office stated that their case did not have any merits. If this is the case the I do not beleive that should have any issues with applying to return to the UK after 10 year.
The home office is aware situations do change after 10 years and it may be the case that the basis on which they applied for asylum before may not now exist and they do not have any problems residing in their country or returning back to it.
They would of course need to provide evidence that they will return to their home country ie employment, family. They should also state in the application how the situation has changed since their previous asylum application so that there is no threat to them of returning to back to their home country.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the response. From what I was told, it seems that they returned back with out knowing the outcome of their asylum case. But if a result was provided and they were refused (and they did not know about this), would they have an issue coming to visit the UK after 10 years?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
No not at all, in any event it may actually help them as the home office may feel that they acknowledged the fact that their asylum case had no merits or that the situation in their country changed so much so that they were willing to return to their country and would no longer need to seek refugee in the UK to protect themselves from being submitted to any harm.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Is there anything else I can assist you with? If not kindly provide a rating.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Kindly rate my answer so i can get credited for my time.