Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

can my sibling get access to our dead fathers bank statements

Customer Question

can my sibling get access to our dead fathers bank statements going back several years. he did not have POA and was not he executor of our fathers estate of 22,000.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Your sibling won't be entitled to get hold of any such Bank statements, as he has no legal right to see them.
I hope this assists. Please let me know if you require any further clarification.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he says he is going to a solictor to see where my dads money went? my dad handled his own affairs until 6 mths ago, my sibling wants to know what he spent in past 8 yrs! i dont even know, i had POA since dec 2013 my dad died last month, i dont even know what his finances were past 8 yrs !

Well, no Bank will release your Dad's Bank statements to your brother or his Solicitor, as this information is confidential.
During the period you had POA, again, he is not entitled to see the statements- only if he issued Court proceedings against you for fraud would the statements need to be provided to him from you.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
AL