UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Where and how do I find the application for an ILR? I hold

Where and how do I find the application for an ILR? I hold a 'Settlement Spouse/CP(KOL REQ) Surname visa that runs out on 23/10/14. I have passed the Life in the UK and the Cambridge of Proficiency in English exam.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
When did you receive your visa and when did you first enter the UK? Please give details about your spouse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Settlement Spouse/CP (KOL REQ) visa is valid from 23/07/12 to 23/10/14. My husband is British.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I entered the UK on 28/07/2012.

You have been issued the 27 months entry clearance as a spouse of a British Citizen under the rules in force before 9 July 2012.
You may apply for ILR using form SET(M), see here for this form and guidance notes
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-form-setm
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Once I send my application, what happens between processing it by the government and my legal status here in the UK? Do I need to leave the country?

No, you do not need to leave the UK. Your spouse visa is extended automatically by law until your application is determined.
All the best