75100385

Hi, I have had building work done, quote says all plastering

I have had building work done, quote says all plastering to be made good, I have paid, but had to move out while work went on, due to amount of dust and my own ill health. No dust sheets were in place on a visit, plastering is rough and not complete. Old Argos fitments were suppose to be knocked out and wall hightened to accomadate fridge freezer, however I have had to take kitchen flooring up to get F/F in, with no room left for new flooring. I have now been told that if I want it higher they will charge me? plus builder who at first priced by job has now given me a daily rate of £200 plus materials. Where do I stand, I feel to ill with Cancer and MS to fight anyone, but feel badly let down and that Ive been done. Many thanks Anne Andresen
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?
Customer:

The work carried out to be made good, and conform with written quote. without further charge. My house keys to be returned, and complete reimbursement for labour and window paid for that was not put in..

Alex Watts :

What is the value of any claim you want to make please?

Alex Watts :

Is it likely to be less than £10,000, or more?

Customer:

less

Alex Watts :

Ok good. Then this is the process

Customer:

ok

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the work as per the quote and to give you back the labour within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Customer:

ok

Alex Watts :

You are seeking an Order for damages and specific performance - that is the builder does the work as per the quote which is a contract

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

yes please repeat to give me time to copy

Alex Watts :

Once you rate the format changes, so you can copy and paste the conversation or come back to it at any time

Customer:

now would be good

Alex Watts :

Ok - if you would like to rate then, the format will change. The button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you today please?

Customer:

yes please repeat your advice to give me time to copy.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Tell me once you have this then I will go onto the next section

Customer:

ok

Alex Watts :

Is that ok to move on?

Customer:

carry on

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Tell me when it is ok to move on

Customer:

missed last bit about forms

Alex Watts :

Can you scroll up, or want me to repeat?

Customer:

scroll not working well<, can u repeat please

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

Ok to move on?

Customer:

thanks Alex have all that saved now

Alex Watts :

Customer:

your service is good but website is a nightmare,

Alex Watts :