29905560

I am a manager with the MOD, I have been informed by my manager

Customer Question

I am a manager with the MOD, I have been informed by my manager that he received a telephone call from a union representative, accusing me of bullying one of my staff.
It has been 5 days since the telephone call, I and my family are quite stresses out because no one have told me what I have said or how I have bullied anyone. Is there a time that they have to inform me by so that I can defend myself.
Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

JACUSTOMER-2o8m2b3h- :

Eight years,in present job as Maintenance Manager. previously worked fo Chevron Oil Company as Operations Superintendant 35 years

Ben Jones :

Hi, sorry I was offline when you replied this morning. If you have not been formally accused of the allegations then there is no specific time within which the employer has to provide any further information and at present it does not look like the employer is taking any formal action against you. If the employer was going to take the matter further officially then you would first be asked to attend an investigatory meeting where the employer will ask you about the allegations and use that as part of their evidence-gathering process. Then if they believe there is sufficient evidence to take this forward they will ask you to attend a formal disciplinary hearing. It is before that disciplinary that you would be entitled to receive information and evidence of the allegations against you to enable you to defend yourself. However, at this stage there is no formal action being taken against you and all the employer has done is told you there is a complaint against you. Until they have finished their investigation, which could take as long as necessary, and decided that they want to take this further, you do not really have the right to be told anything else about this. The employer will eventually decide either to drop this and take it no further, or to instigate formal disciplinary proceedings, at which stage you will be informed of the details of the allegations against you and be given the opportunity to defend yourself.

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you