75100385

Ihad a new clutch & dual mass flywheel fitted to my car in

Ihad a new clutch & dual mass flywheel fitted to my car in Aug 2013,13 months later and having only done 14,000 miles,I could not get my car into gear.the manufacturers deny any responsibility for the break down and I have been left £1,000 out of pocket.
Can you tell me what my rights are,if any.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Did the installation have a warranty please?

Customer:

Yes,12 months & 12,000 miles.My original clutch lasted 90,000 miles which is about what you would expect.

Alex Watts :

Have you had another garage inspect it to see if the product was defective please?

Customer:

I have not had another garage inspect it.The clutch and dual mass flywheel have been returned to the manufacturer with a covering letter from the garage owner who carried out the work for me in the faint hope that I might recover some of my costs.

Alex Watts :

Ah. ok.

You need to write to the gargae and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Customer:

Thank you for your help